Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Joy to the World

A new sibling is on its way. Not in the traditional sense - that would require a stalk or a heron or whatever bird it is that wraps up crying, pooing, sleeping bundles of joy and drops them at your doorstep - no, this is more the birds and the bees type of 'on its way' - it should arrive sometime around the end of April from the sounds of it.

Now in spite of the fact that I will be 20 years old by the time this baby comes along and therefore be the same age most of my family members are when they are expecting/already Mamabears (not my plan to follow in their footsteps by the way) and that little I-live-on-the-other-side-of-the-world problem - I fully plan on being an excellent half-sibling. Complete with embarrassing toilet-training pics at their 21st (when I am 41).

In case you're wondering which parent is knocked up I'll give you a hint. It's not Mamabear. She felt she'd done well the first time but Dad and Gina are giving it another crack and good for them, hopefully it (they don't want to know the gender - therefore condemning their child to being clad in neutral colours such as green and yellow for the first few months of its life) is adorable and they don't name it anything weird like Mercedes or Schappelle - not names that push the kid in the right direction.

In other news: I'm coming home in March, I'll stick around for five weeks, see if Gina pops and if not I'll meet the kid at some other point. So if you want to - you know - hang out. I'll be around for the first time in two years.

As for what I'm up to: The new semester has started so I'm quite busy at the moment. I've decided my German is good enough for now and started with a few new languages - Spanish and Russian. Mostly just so I can have the title of Polyglot. I'm pretentious that way. In my head I imagine that once I speak all three languages fluently, plus my native English - then some old hobbit-like man will come out of nowhere and present me with an oversized novelty cheque and tell me I've reached language level awesome - I really hope that's how it works...


Hope all is well.

1 comment:

  1. That's OK Giorgia, I also have a half sibling, 16 years older than me. A few things (war, death, displacement, emigration) got into my father's way but I am so glad I have at least someone on this earth with whom I have at least one parent in common. Besser als nix.

    ReplyDelete