Saturday, May 26, 2012

Poor Switzerland.

Yup, it's that time of the year again kiddies. The trees are singin', the birds are swingin' and Ash and I are gearing up for the highpoint of our annual social calendar - Eurovision.

Now I know you're probably thinking - get a life - and trust me, I'm working on it, but until then we are hosting a Eurovision party tonight during which we shall - well, watch Eurovision - and drink until it's bearable...

You see the game runs roughly the same way the Smurfs drinking game works. Basically every time they say the key word (Eurovision), or no one votes for Switzerland (sucks to be neutral), you drink - Simple! Now of course there are other rules, but unless anyone is planning on putting themselves through the pain of actually watching Eurovision I won't go into too much detail...

And what is the history of Eurovision I don't hear you asking? Good question! And to be honest I have no idea, I could just google it but it's easier just to assume that in a bid to avoid any more warfare, Europe have decided to fight their battles out on the stage in glitter and spandex and have even invited Israel and other clearly non-european countries along for the EUROvision ride. What I do know is that no one is ever any good, England cheats and gets famous people like Justin Timberlake to perform for them, ABBA won it back in the 70's and because every country is diplomatic about their choices and votes for the biggest threat/their neighbours in a bid to avoid starting a war - no one votes for Switzerland.

Poor Switzerland. Well, at least they have their army knives and cheese...

Anyways my satanic cat is begging to be fed now. Bubba has recently taken to licking my nose till I get up in the mornings...I know where that tongue has been - eww. Oh and he seems to be developing a nasty habit of trying to sit on our guest's faces...I think I prefer the tongue to nose action really....

Hope all is well.




No comments:

Post a Comment