Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Return to the Fatherland

So today I arrived back in Germany, figured it went so well last time I might as well come back for another year or two. Mum's work offered her a transfer to Stuttgart a couple of months back so she's been living here since June whilst I suffered through my final year of VCE, but now it is over (thank god) and I have returned to the Fatherland albeit in another city...

I was actually freaking out somewhat considering that I'm pretty much on my own German speaking wise this time, but  it's gone pretty well this past eight hours,  although that might have something to do with the fact that I haven't gone outside more than once... In fact the only direct contact I've had with Germans today was on the plane when I woke up to a creepy old flight attendant handing me a glass of water and exclaiming delightedly that I was "Finally awake!!!" - a clear sign that he had been watching me for hours... and a quick trip to the grocery store to buy necessities like chocolate and bread where I was so silent that it became uncomfortable between the checkout chick and I...

I'm gonna have to talk to people tomorrow though, I don't actually know anyone in this city let alone how to get around so I figure it'd be best to kill two birds with one stone here and find a Germ to take as my own so they can chauffeur me around...now just to find one willing enough to be my BFFL. I'm not entirely sure how to tackle this whole no friends situation though. I'm not sporty so there's no point joining a team of any description, I don't wanna have to get a job and I really don't think it's appropriate to assault people on trains with a conversation that will ultimately come down to 'will you be my friend?' Guess I'm just gonna have to wait for my prey to come to me in order to pose the question, although maybe calling them prey isn't the best start...

But the jetlag is beginning to return now so I'm gonna go pass out for a few hours and allow my body clock to become even more out of sync but I have included a photo of myself in my brand new onesie - although I do look rather midget-like, I hope you will notice that not only does it have footsies, but it also pink leopard print and therefore awesome - that is all.

Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment