Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bam goes the Berg!



So today we went to Bamberg. It was pretty cool minus the Churches with the bones, skulls and graves of their Saints to worship...that made me fairly uncomfortable. I say this because we went to two Churches and a third one was on offer....somehow "Nein Danke" seemed an appropriate response to more Pagan ceremonial worship. I swear I was waiting for some VooDoo or fire dancing to start, but was sorely disappointed....not that I think that's a bad thing!

Bamberg is amazingly beautiful, the old Rathaus (Town Hall/Government building) is built on a bridge between the river so it's pretty cool. That seems somewhat of a poor description but it's difficult to describe. It has cobbled streets perfect for tripping up foolish high-heel clad women, over-decorative Churches that have more gold than a jeweller could ever hope to lay eyes on and after all that it has a large river that rus extremely quickly and yet houses are built around it, the Rathaus is built upon it and the town seems to be made up of extreme hills and bridges.
After that we spent an hour and a half driving home. This was despite the fact that it took 30 minutes to get there....I think Hans' "Scenic route" was another way of saying "I took the wrong turn off and now we're lost." It allowed some good photos though and I got to see all the little villages surrounding my own little village-Grossgündlach.
I have now spent an entire week looking like a blueberry with my puffy blue jacket. Sometimes I like to mix things up a bit with my long white puffy jacket-the Snowman look it TOTALLY in this winter. Sometimes I get to wear my red coat if the Germans aren't looking but they maintain that it "Is just not warm enough" but despite knowing that they are probably right, I will prevail....
I hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment