Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Should I close my eyes?


Have to admit, everyone asking me "Are you nervous?" "How are you feeling?" and other assorted questions is really making me uncomfortable, I mean it's not like the Germans are going to eat me, at least I hope not, I wouldn't make a very good bratwurst. Anyway I'm not stressed about leaving for ten weeks, into a different family, into a different culture, into a different language....I'm good, really. 

No in all honesty the constant questions are more nerve racking than the actual trip, I'm kind of desperate to leave Australia really. The sun is beginning to come out and my Ranga sense is tingling, it says stay indoors or head for winter, I've chosen the latter. So I'm quite excited, obviously I'm a teensy bit concerned about my German skills....or lack of, but other than that I feel OK. 

Andrew will cope (I hope) he'll work all holidays and then buy me diamonds and life will be great because I'll be sparkly, Mum is so desperate for me to leave I swear she could pack my bags and drop me off at the airport tomorrow and Dad and Gina? Not sure really, they gave me a camera and despite being told materialism isn't a good thing, it does make me happy. My new Lumix TZ10  makes me  very happy in ways it shouldn't. I'll name it soon, like I do all my electronics. It seems the most mature approach to personalising your belongings, my old camera was so scarred from dropping it he was Potter, then there's the iPod Ledger, who I got just before Heath Ledger..My favourite...died. That's about it for naming things, wouldn't want it to get weird or anything!

OK well I haven't really achieved anything in this post, all I wanted to say was that I feel OK about Germany, wouldn't mind if all those little things like packing and dentists appointments and things were done and sorted though!

Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment