Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There's Going to be Blood in the Snow.


So today I was near postal. When I get in these moods, I feel it's best to keep away from those most at risk of a violent and bloody death. I succeeded, I chose to read instead of stab, but that ended with me being tearfully told "If you're in a bad mood don't spread it," answering "I didn't, I kept away so I wouldn't." "Yes but you should tell me you're going to walk off before you get angry so I know." No comment....I think the fog of confusion surrounding me at that point was more than just the language barrier....tell someone I am GOING to be angry? I'll keep it in mind for next time.

So I think the anger has worn off...it's hard to tell so I think I'll leave people on standby. My normal bright and bubbly persona (just let me lie to myself ok?) has seemingly come back.

Anyway so yesterday I ran into some trouble with the language. I spend most of my time switching between English and German because my German is somewhat...limited. As proven:

Giorgia: Hast du ein......(racking brain for the word for tissue) tissue?

German: *Blank face*

Giorgia: *Searches dictionary and asks others for 'tissue' auf Deutsch*

German(s): *Blank face(s)*

Giorgia: *Sigh-feeling oncoming humiliation* "Hast du...nase papier?"

Germans: *Laugh Hysterically*

Note - Did not get a tissue.

Later that day the Postal feeling came back when I was told that sometimes I don't come across correctly....You think? I had to ask for goddamn nose paper because I didn't know the word for tissue. Let alone use correct grammar or express feelings 'correctly.'

Think I need a nap, maybe I'll wash the blood off my hands first...

Hope all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment