Monday, December 6, 2010

Out of the fire of Anger comes a Phoenix, hopefully, that'd be pretty cool!

Sonja made me buy snow boots. Telling me none of my shoes were good enough and after all that shopping and €57 the jokes on me. After four wears they've started to fall apart and the "Water-proof guarantee" was a lie. To make matters worse they never gave me a shoebox let alone a receipt so now I'm $85 Australian down with no "appropriate" shoes and two lumps of junk.

On the bright side that $85 got me through Regensburg and Nürnberg.

We had the Australian Exchange student meeting on Saturday where I found out the others are going to year 5, 6 and 7 german. They're also in sporting teams, choirs, dance classes and other things. I've sure achieved a lot. This meeting was also the place where a young Aussie boy stood on a table during lunch and whipped his penis out for all to see. Now by see I mean search for, and if you had x-ray vision you might have caught a glimpse...I wasn't so hungry after that.

Later we went to the Albrecht Dürer house for a tour. Dürer is one of Germany's biggest heroes...He was an artist. I'd never heard of him, much to the disgust of the Germans on the tour with me, luckily it was in english which meant that lots of half-witted American's were there to chime in their dumb questions such as "Why didn't he have any kids? Was he impotent or something?" and my personal favourite during a speech about his most important works "What was his middle name?" I quite liked the tour, I got a photo with the guide.

Later we went to the old fortress and checked out the 47m deep well and the 113 stepped tower that men traditionally had to carry the women up....Hans had 4....He didn't even try.

The Christkind Markt came next but it was so crowded we pretty much just stalked around for half an hour and then left, hopefully they'll take me during the day so I don't miss out but then again, I've come to the conclusion that every market is the same market....candles, Glühwein, christmas decorations, bratwurst, caramelised almonds and chestnuts...not that I'm complaining, those markets are damn tasty.

Then Giorgia had sleepy time in the car as we drove home. I had a killer headache that I assume came from the fact that I seem to always be dehydrated, despite the fact that there's water ever-present.

Yesterday we went to Rothenburg, an old and tourist flooded city. It was great. There was the original Käthe Wolfahrt shop which is more like a mini Christmas city that you have to pay to get entry into so you can pay more money to buy things. I didn't buy anything, €6 for a plain Bauble was a little steep and I have to save my money until I get my credit card.....

I got lots of pictures with random toys, a knight, a giant teddy bear, a giant nutcracker, in fact Rothenburg seemed to be a giant Christmas town, with all the Asian and American tourists to prove it, I loved it though and wore the same outfit I had all weekend, except that I put my hat to the opposite side so I could tell that it was in fact a different day when looking back on the photos. Considering buying a new scarf and beanie set...but not until I get my credit card, Christmas is going to rock this year!

Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment