Friday, December 3, 2010

Random Points of Interest,

What has happened lately? Not a lot. Annika dragged me around several supermarkets searching for a Khaki. I had no idea what a Khaki was and kept suggesting we look in army shops instead. Turns out a Kaki, as it is really spelt is a persimmon, which are disgusting. Annika was horrifed so the 40min we wasted looking for the fruit was well....fruitless!


I then dragged Sonja on a wild goose hunt for boots. Five stores, two and a half hours and a million pairs of shoes but I finally ended up settling for Snow Boots. I Love them. They rock. After shopping we went to leave the carpark but the car ticket didn't work. There was no one in the Car Park administration room and the emergency button was broken. She tried calling the emergency number but no one picked up, we asked shops around the place but no one knew. We then went to ANOTHER car park to see if we could get a new ticket from there, no one there either and their button and number didn't work either. Eventually we got through to a help-line who sorted the problem out and after 45 minutes, and €3,90 later we escaped...can't believe they made us pay!


I go to year 7 German which makes me either a massive loser or a god in the eyes of the kinder. I'm going to bank on both. I have also gained a following of stare-bears. Seems they've never seen an Australian before...I'm an interesting specimen.


We're going to another Weihnachtsmarkt tonight, it's the village's own. I have images of hobbits dancing and singing merrily on tables, Santa turning up roaring drunk on Glühwein and the elves stumbling in and fighting with the villagers late into the night....coz that's the kinda stuff that goes down in villages.


So I'll take lots of photos when the hobbits come out to play and if we're lucky we'll see "two drunk girls kissing líke last year." Laura informed me of that this morning...I don't know if luck is the word I'd use for seeing that.
Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment