Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Small Steps.


So today I achieved as follows:


1. Found out my year seven German teacher doesn't speak English so I couldn't Ginglish my way through a conversation. He and I struggled to work out what the other one was saying (Coz of my rockin' Deutsch and his....English, we gave up and used Sign Language....kidding.)


2. I gave a speech about Australia to the year eights, making an effort to avoid using slang and to speak slowly whilst watching the confused faces of the kids turn into REALLY confused faces. I also spent the lesson staring at a kid who looks exactly like Ralf and trying to work out his name so I could tell Ralf to look out for his twin...I failed.


3. Nothing from 10am-6pm.


4. Decided to make muffins for my class to eat tomorrow but I couldn't translate the recipe to english so forced Laura to cook for me....then we found out we didn't have the ingredients to make Muffins so made cup cakes instead.....I didn't know what "Cream the butter" meant, so I made Ralf come over and help.


5. Watched Laura play the piano, then the flute and then eat some gross boiled dumpling thing she made whilst attempting (and failing) to make fresh pasta. Ralf and I watched in horror as the slippery, brine and pesto covered dough was eaten...Still surprised she kept it down!


6. That's it. It seems a little sad that I achieved five things today. I did do my first German dictation, which I failed so badly that the German teacher tried to console me (whilst laughing) by saying "Ok, next....mal?" (Good thing I learn German.)


Hope all is well.




No comments:

Post a Comment