Sunday, December 12, 2010

The LOOONNNNGGG Weekend.


So I went to the football and by football I mean soccer. Unfortunately there was no goal scored, it was freezing cold and there was a dirty man who continued to breathe his smoke into my face the entire game until I yelled at him. That being said....


I LOVED IT!


The people singing the ENTIRE game, slurring their words so even Laura couldn't understand them. Sloshing beer everywhere and screaming profanities at the umpire like "That wasn't a foul, I know where you live!" and my favourite "You call that a handball? I'll ask your wife what she thinks tonight!" It was just like being at home in the AFL, except that there was crowd control everywhere because riots and fights are always a risk and the fans were mixed in together at this particular game because half the stadium was snowed under. My favourtie thing about the crowd was how dedicated they were, the only times they stopped singing was to scream "SCHAUSPIELER" (actor) at the other team whenever one of their players was injured and to be total hypocrites by nearly crying when one of their team members was hurt.


Then I spent the weekend at the Third Reich Exhibition thing, it was awesome, it fulfilled my nerdy needs in ways the football couldn't.


Then we went to the pool. It was 1.5 degrees outside, there was snow melting everywhere and we went to the Atlantis Pool. There were waterslides, a wave pool, sauna(s), those pool float things and an outdoor pool which was 40 degrees. It was the best and even though my hair feels like straw now and I've scratched the skin off my shoulder by stacking it off the waterslide floaty...it was worth it.


So I thought I'd mention a bit of German music whilst I'm here. Admittedly I've only heard two songs in German the enitre trip so far but it seems to me that German's hve a lot of Norwegian and British music, all in English of course.


1. Lena - Satellite, this girl won Eurovision for Germany, just found out that the only real rule in Eurovision is that they must be a citizen of the country...easy problem to overcome, just make them a citizen and you can get Justin Timberlake to sing for you (won for England a few years ago)

2. Milo- Aiyo technology. (Sorry not sure how to spell it) Just a slightly suggestive song.

3. One Republic - Marching on. (Not sure if it's in Australia or not.)

4. Silbermond. Any song, the Germans seem to love this band.

5. Pflaster - Ich und ich. (Laura knew all the words....I don't)


I'll write of more when I think of some. There's a big love for Katy Perry's Firework going on here....I don't share this love.


Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment