Saturday, December 18, 2010

How do you Zoo?


So today I went to the zoo. I saw lots of snow animals. Snow ducks, snow turtles, snow cheetahs. All specifically bred to live in the snow....or not. Most were indoors, and Laura and I were forced to endure the stench of the ugly Tapirs (some weird pig/elephant like animal), big cats and all the other indoor animals. It was a pretty great day though. No one in their right mind goes to the zoo in winter. All the animals are hibernating and the ones that aren't sleeping are playing dead so we had the entire zoo to ourselves, my only real problem with the day was that my legs hurt now. Considering I've done next to no exercise in a month and the zoo was MASSIVE I guess it makes sense...Maybe I should start snow jogging?!? Anyway I took lots of photos, I really loved the snow camels. They made my day!


Later I sat down to my favourite TV shows. Familie in Brennpunkt (Roughly- Family in strife), Verdachts Fälle (Betrayals...again...rough tranlation) and random MTV shows that I are in English so I can just zone out. Particularly entertaining was the family where the father not only kept an eye on his daughter, but set up strict curfews, put a video camera in her room so when boys were there he could watch and put a tracking device in her handbag....wrong on so many levels. Annika and I laughed the entire show. Then she went to go babysit and I went and...stared into space for a few hours. Not entirely certain what I have achieved since 3pm..not a lot!


So I baked my (now famous) cookies. Annika did most of the work but I told her what to do, and took the credit. We put way too much sugar in it, Germans don't have chocolate chips so we smashed a couple of chocolate bars and put that in instead and then for good measure, more sugar and chocolate. I think the people Laura and I had over for a few movies last night nearly choked on sugar. I forced at least three down each of their throats....now to bake another batch....


Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment