Monday, January 3, 2011

Giorgia's Frate.


Today I had a Frate: Friend date. Many a person was invited. Most didn't show, and by most I mean all except Ralf failed to turn up...I feel a set up....


Anyway after watching Ralf call Rene frantically to try to force him up and out of bed to join us, and watching him fail we went to catch the bus and that started our day of running into EVERYONE possible!


Ralf's friends, our classmates, Ralf's ex-girlfriend's Dad....Particularly proud of the last one! Moderately awkward for him, amusing for me. I spent most of the day biting my tongue from embarrassing him further, tempted to tell whoever we ran into that we were on a date and letting him explain "She's kidding, Australian humor is...different" I did however, refrain from doing that-mostly. Instead I just didn't fix people's incorrect assumptions, I found watching their confused faces better, Niko's was the best....the WTH-is-going-on-here face. (Germans: www.acronymfinder.com/what-the-hell%3f-(WTH).html)


Meh, it was fine though, he's my BFFL so it wasn't awkward. I ate a McFlurry despite losing feeling in my fingers from the cold, then I dragged Ralf around to a bunch of supermarkets and bought my Aussies every chocolate they could want from Germany, then we sat down to a movie. He wanted to see the tourist. Luckily the German in the film was easy to follow, it's not so difficult to understand blowing stuff up and shooting people. It is however, extremely difficult to understand why I watched it, it was random....not going to make it onto my list of recommendations! and just so you know, there was no yawn-move pick up attempts, nothing going on there, except me giving some kids the death stare for kicking my seat and talking during the movie!


Then we failed to realise no buses were running and instead waited 40min in the snow until a taxi picked us up, feeling sorry for us and drove us home for free. A good Frate if I do say so myself.


Hope all is well.



1 comment: