Saturday, January 1, 2011

Silvester and Tweety.


So last night was New Years, or Silvester. Take your pick, and I'm glad to say that I didn't blow my fingers off when playing with fireworks although did a lot of jumping up and down when the boys threw firecrackers at the crowds and I did freak out when one of them passed me a lit firecracker to "hold for him." Idiots!


I learnt many a drinking game including "Giorgia drinks if she speaks English." I think Frau Tymms would be glad to know that "ok" did not count as a german word and that I learnt to speak German quicker than in any grammar lesson, heads up for future German classes?!?


Before going to Ralf's I managed to down one litre of water whilst trying to wash down the taste of the foul "Orange flavoured beer" that Laura wanted me to try. I also ate a lot of pizza that was a little bit too hard, pretty sure I chipped a tooth but I'm getting used to german bread....it hurts to eat. Then Ralf, Rene and Jan turned up an hour and a half early to pick me up...Ralf lives less than five minutes away but I'm so special I need a Chaperone...jealous?


Anyway then Laura, Sophie and Agnes (Aggy) had fondue without me and turned up to Ralf's later. I epic failed at lighting fireworks because they have little plastic protectors so you can't accidentally light them. I didn't know this and kept wondering why they wouldn't light, the Germans let me do this for a while before explaining...Laughing or explaining, not sure-Germans can be so cruel!


So it was a good night, we had to leave at 12:30ish so I got everyone from the party to walk us home, not entirely sure why they all agreed to it! Stumbled home and into bed and I think it was a Silvester well spent!


Hope all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment