Monday, January 2, 2012

Party Time!

Sometimes you have those days when you go shopping and you find nothing, other days you seem to bring a whole shop home. Well I had neither of those days today but I just wanted to mention how frustrating the first is and how costly the latter can be - by the way I bought a new pair of shoes today, pair number 33 Baby!

Now that I've confessed (I'm not really supposed to buy any more....they're so pretty though) I can discuss my day and Silvester...maybe.

Silvester (New Years) was quite possibly the best ever, from meeting new people, to celebrating the oh-so-important 12am on the train coz we were too special to get our act together and leave earlier so we weren't stuck in the middle of no where when the fireworks went off, not that we cared. We had champagne spraying everywhere when M's bottle was a little more shaken up than she realised and everyone in the carriage ended up in a literal champagne shower...luckily it was funnier than it was annoying and we went on to party in the streets like everyone else in Hamburg seems to do. I particularly liked all the Transvestites chillin' in the side streets, never seen so many ladyboys in my life!

Not sure what else to say really, we got home at 6am and my feet were crying in pain. A word of wisdom -> Cobble stone streets + High Heels = Bad idea....and don't I know it now :D


Other than that it was pretty uneventful, I met some great chicks from Bremen and met many randoms who were so excited by my Aussie-ness that they kept asking me to say 'banana' - I think they confused me with Americans.... but none the less at least a few dozen people have gone home armed with the knowledge that drop bears are Australia's fiercest creature and that we all ride Kangaroos to school....hehehe.


Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment